Hey, are you gonna eat that ?

13 September 2006

What was he thinking ?

I started work at Peet's today and I don't think I've ever met nicer people. The entire staff was really nice and funny and I think I actually like them. I was almost late, however; there was serious traffic on Saratoga leaving my house so I had to find an alternate route and I managed to walk in the front door a minute shy of my starting time. So far so good. I also get free coffee, which means so far I love this job.

As I was filling out my paperwork with the other new hire, the assistant manager asked if we'd ever done coffee tasting before. I did some at Great Bear, and I told her that. She didn't know that I'd worked at the Bear and told me that she had an art show there last year. She told me what her pieces looked like, and I remembered her--Lindy was the flower lady ! They were these light brown/orangey oils of flowers, but they were actually better than they sounded. She totally remembered me because I had to call her when Rich caught the roaster on fire and I moved her paintings so we could clean up. She came all the way to Los Gatos to check up on them and I assured her they were fine and I re-hung them just the way she had them. She was also there a few days before her show closed, and I was talking to her while Joann and a few of her friends were sitting down trying to have a conversation about...oh, I better not mention it. You know. A book we've all read.

I'm impressed. I'm also glad to know that Lindy is an artist too, and apparently a good one; she studied in Russia under some great painter. Maybe I can commission a piece from her. Maybe a plaid flower ? That'd be pretty neat.

It's Wednesday which means a new Project Runway is on. Liz got me and Lauren into this show, and as per usual, I'm pathetically obsessed. I'm all about Michael and Kayne, and I cannot freakin' stand Laura. I'm hoping she gets kicked off tonight. I don't care if she's pregnant, she's a horrible designer...Wow. For a girl whose not that into fashion (I've essentially worn the same clothes since high school), I sure am into fashion-themed reality shows. America's Next Top Model starts next week too. FIERCE !

3 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:09:00 pm , Blogger The Contessa said...

Oh yea, Project Runway... Katie H turned me on to that one.
I was at the hospital last night, hangin' with Mama J and Baby E, and you _know_ what we watched. ;-] Yup, just 3 days old and little E has already been introduced to Bravo's "Reality TV."

BTW, congrats on the new job! (I'm glad you're not working for the "evil empire.")

Missed you last weekend--see you Sunday?...

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:29:00 pm , Blogger Ro said...

Heya! Just found your blog... impressive! How are you? How's it going? I MISS YOU!

Rowena

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:34:00 am , Blogger Shannon Marie said...

Roweeeeenaaaa, I love you !
I want to come see you...February-ish ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home