Hey, are you gonna eat that ?

27 August 2006

Advice

Last weekend I stood on Pacific Avenue in downtown Santa Cruz talking to my friend Wendy. It was late on Sunday night and I needed to get home, but she wouldn't let me out of her sight until she passed on some advice to me : write some really vague poetry.

So far, I haven't. I feel like if I were to take a stab at poetry, the result would be those blurry light-stream pictures people take when they don't know how use a camera. Something unintentionally out of focus. I don't think this particular cloudy situation will become any more clear by avoiding the point, as romantic as that sounds.

Maybe I just need to lighten up.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, August 27, 2006 3:16:00 pm , Blogger David said...

Vague is always good.

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 11:46:00 am , Blogger Carmen said...

no, you were good to save the world from your vague poetry. thank you. how about some specific poetry? something that is well-composed (using the rule of thirds) and tightly focused?

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006 5:33:00 pm , Blogger Shannon Marie said...

If I had more than a slight interest in poetry (and by slight I mean nearly non-existant), I might exert the effort needed to properly compose, focus, and expose a poem. Unfortunately I'm starting to think poetry is literature for the lazy. I'm just not into it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home