I am FREE from the bondage of Freddos !
My long-awaited three day weekend has finally arrived ! I clocked out at 8pm and I do not have to be back at the 105 until Tuesday. What should I do with all of this free time ? I could finish my novel (um, or start it). I could shower and wash away the smell of rancid milk and coffee grinds. I could do laundry or clean my shoes. Or I could lay awake and blog...

The major accomplishments of the last eleven days, with commentary.
- Learning more customers names, and that I've been calling this guy Dave "Mike" for months. Oops. Dan/Dave/Mike/Jim, same thing.
- Working the AM and having no less than five customers ask "Oh, are you new ?". No, obviously you are though, because if you were here six months ago when I had all the crappy morning shifts, we'd have met before.
- Got extremely, near-quitting angry with my DM. I don't think I'm alone in this.
- Had two coworkers quit. Yeah, who wants a job ? We're hiring...
- Identified my favourite customer by the sound of his walk (shuffle shuffle + stomp x speed = "I can tell who you are just by the sound you make when you walk"...eeuch, weird).
- Got schooled in the ways of coffee by Mo. I want to be a coffee genius too !
- Burned myself countless times, hit my head and knee on the safe door twice, slammed my hand in a drawer, hit my thumb with a portafilter, dropped espresso grounds in my shoe (how?!)...I could go on. Next stop, the ballet, where my grace and tact will be put to good use.
- Got several compliments on my hair, and had two really nice customers ask if I could cut their hair for them. Hey Joann, you're due for one too.
- Did a little investigating about Garuda, and coined the phrase "Research is my forte, not espresso" in the process. Ooh, Peetnik jokeniks.
- Placed my first orders all by myself. I ordered ten thousand pounds of crack. The good kind.
- Called the same maintenance guy three times to come fix the same problem and it's still not fixed. Yeah, but I'm not working tomorrow so I don't care...okay, I will probably call and ask if it's fixed on Sunday.
- Realised that the smell of coffee just won't ever go away. Shucks.
I kinda feel like sitting back, relaxing, and having a nice gigantic iced tea. Sometimes the 105 can be an insalubrious environment, but I love the chaos and I love the people, and that makes it worthwhile in the end.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home