Move

I just began my latest search for affordable housing in Santa Cruz.
I'll let you know when I stop crying.
Why is everything so expensive ? In Lawrence my 2-bedroom apartment, which sufficiently housed myself and my roommate and a beagle and usually a guest or ten, was only $500 a month. Of course, it was in Kansas. But it was within walking distance of the university and downtown, and close to I-70. I'm starting to think that maybe I should wait until Joann moves out and just take her studio room. It has no sink or kitchen facilities, but at least it comes with poodles. I will, however, forego the poodles if anyone can suggest a room with nice girls from VFC or something. I will pay extra for outrageous dogs.

6 Comments:
oh MAN! i didn't know you were thinking about doing that!! i think thats a wonderful idea! and maybe if you lived here, we would make it to mass every so often. i'm pretty sure that the bells of holy cross operate on an anglican schedule! (note: did you know that santa cruz means holy cross?). hmmm, i like the way you think.
p.s. i'm taking the cranes with me...but i will leave the beardies. oh and hobbes, he's DEFINITELY yours!
shannon, i want to move there too. you should find me a place so that i dont have to do work.
joann, did you learn the holy cross thing from a flyer that someone handed you in downtown?
oh come to santa cruz..... but i surely dislike the housing cost. i wish it wasn't like that.
and why am i awake at 2:34 AM?
Move to Chico with me, Jolliff and Eric.
Santa Cruz, affordable? HAHAHAHAHAH! Of course there's the very affordable accomodations along the San Lorenzo River north of Water Street, but that may not be what you're looking for.
I don't know if Carmen ever answered your question, but the Bike Church is on Pacific Ave, way at the south end of the street past the Taco Bell.
Shannon Marie, Have you checked up here in Mount Hermon? There's often 'cheap and cheerful' (top 10 list of Brit. expressions)rooms up here, look on the bulletin board at the post office.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home