Maybe the sun will shine today
On the way to work this afternoon I put on “Either Way”, a new Wilco track, and enjoyed the sun. I’m not usually one for sunny weather, but today was the perfect temperature and the traffic was light.
When I lived in Lawrence, I bought a cruiser for $8 at a garage sale. It’s a behemoth of a bicycle, made for someone much taller than me--Josh Fox has the same bike, if that gives you a better idea of the size. As a result, I rarely ever ride it. The tires need new tubes and I need to grow a few inches. I don’t think the latter is ever going to occur, so I haven’t gotten around to fixing it up. I had actually forgot I even owned a bike until this weekend when I saw someone ride a beautiful blue-green cruiser down my street. I was drooling and jealous. It had a basket on the front (Dottie could ride !). It had a little bell. It was the right size for a 5’7” lady such as myself. I wanted to chase it down the street and ask where that gorgeous thing came from.
So I’ve decided to buy a new bike. I’ve already made a list of large purchases/repairs I need to make* and one of the things I realised I also needed was a gym membership. I loathe going to the gym (sweat and germs and Lycra pants, ugh) so I was happy to cross that off the list in favor of a bike. If anyone knows where I could get a nice beach cruiser, preferrably green, please let me know. I’ll be in Santa Cruz all day on Sunday and I bet there’s a few places there.
Oh, and that new Wilco is amazing. I’ve only heard four tracks so far (Either Way, Impossible Germany, You Are My Face, and Walken) but it’s Wilco. How could the rest be bad ? It makes me feel like it’s summer already.
PS. I'm not hungry...can I change the name of my blog to something else ? Thoughts ?
*14-inch iBook battery (if you’ve got one laying around); new bookshelves, bed frame and matress; wide-angle lens and possibly new DSLR body; small Canon point-and-shoot camera for my purse; recharge air conditioner in my truck; replace grill on my truck; new glasses; Vespa...maybe.

5 Comments:
"don't make me COMMUNION!"
i don't know, just a thought...
I know a place...
the wandering/mystical/poetic/ragamuffin/peaceful/monstrous/furrowed/belligerant/sytematic/straightforward/ordinary thoughts of me (shannon marie)
kinda rhymes
Are those words chosen arbitrarily, or do they actually reflect the things in this blog ?
"impossible germany, unlikely japan. this is what love is for. to be out of place. gorgeous and alone face to face..."
hmmmm.....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home