3. My Favorite Book

I just bought my third Moleskine (pronounced Moh-leh-skeen-ah: Italian words are nuts like that) in six months. I got hooked on them when I worked at Borders last year, and since then I have filled up three completely and keep two around for good measure. The pocket notebooks fit perfectly in my hand and are just big enough to avoid being swallowed whole by my camera bag / desk / Mary Poppins purse. I use them to doodle in during sermons or in class (I remember things easier that way), write down vital information (such the Chef Chu’s phone number and book recommendations from customers), and to write down the really hilarious things Lauren, Rob and Joann say (“I saw them. They ran by me, and they were my height”). Inherently these books have absolutely nothing to do with the Glass family, but that doesn’t stop me from being similarly obsessed with them.
Tomorrow I am going to San Francisco to see mewithoutYou (for the first time !!) and look for a new pair of shoes for work (Dr Marten's 8065). I think for now, I am going to start reading a book a customer told me about after I said "What book is that ? I think I might be good at Hebrew". I learned three things from that encounter: 1) The title is different in English. 2) The Barnes and Noble on Saratoga deserves to be shut down, and 3) I don't know, I just wanted to make a 1-2-3 list like Grisha used to do.
Goodnight.

1 Comments:
i kind of forgot all about those 1-2-3 grisha lists...we used to use them a lot back then, especially on taco tuesdays! hey, we should resurrect tuesdays in the form of friday falafels in santa cruz! please...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home