16. My Favorite Place I've Never Been

I am leaving for London in 81 days. Who am I going with ? Myself. And I don't really have any plans. I just want to be in London and take pictures. I want to know if Newcastle labels say "NOT Imported from England" because they say the opposite here. And I want to spend an entire day at the Tate Modern, possibly remaining hidden in a sculpture or under a bench and spend the night in the museum. If those are plans, then I guess I have them.
Waffles gave me this book an an incentive to save my money. I've been doing a very good job, I think, and it wasn't until last week that I realised how well I have stuck to my goal of saving for this trip. I haven't gone to Ikea and spent hundreds of dollars on bookshelves and rugs. I haven't wasted my hard-earned money on silly things like haircuts or oil changes or dental work, and I've succeeded in formulating a budget and sticking to it. However, I'm starting to get a little nervous about how much money I'll have while I'm there. The conversion does not work in my favor. But I have several paychecks to come between now and February, and I hope my friends will appreciate their cheap gifts this year. Surprise ! You're all getting Peet's !
I am so excited, and...I'm going to be so broke when I get home.

1 Comments:
you will love london. it's wonderful. there's a great little food chain there called "eat." healthy sandwiches and such. it was my favorite.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home